Bear Creek Property
Knoxville TN Home
Our Home Inspector Code of Ethics
The National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) promotes a high
standard of professionalism, business ethics and inspection procedures. NACHI
members subscribe to the following Code of Ethics in the course of their business.
- Duty to the Public
- The NACHI member shall abide by the Code of Ethics and substantially follow the
InterNACHI Standards of Practice.
- The NACHI member shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to
the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry.
- The NACHI member shall be fair, honest, impartial, and act in good faith in dealing
with the public.
- The NACHI member shall not discriminate in any business activities on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, or
handicap and shall comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.
- The NACHI member shall be truthful regarding his/her services & qualifications.
- The NACHI member shall have no undisclosed conflict of interest with the client,
nor shall the NACHI member accept or offer any undisclosed commissions, rebates,
profits or other benefit, nor shall the NACHI member accept or offer any disclosed
or undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits or other benefit from from real estate
agents, brokers or any third parties having financial interest in the sale of
the property nor shall the NACHI member offer or provide any disclosed or undisclosed
financial compensation directly or indirectly to any real estate agent, real estate
broker or real estate company for referrals or for inclusion on lists of preferred
and/or affiliated inspectors or inspection companies.
- The NACHI member shall not communicate any information about an inspection to
anyone except the client without the prior written consent of the client, except
where it may affect the safety of others or violates a law or statute.
- The NACHI member shall always act in the interest of the client, unless doing
so violates a law, statute or this Code of Ethics.
- The NACHI member shall use a written contract that specifies the services to
be performed, limitations of services and fees.
- The NACHI member shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements
of the jurisdiction where he/she conducts business.
- The NACHI member shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee,
any repairs or associated services to structure on which the member or member's
company has prepared a home inspection report, for a period of 12 months. This
provision shall not include services to components and/or systems which are not
included in the NACHI standards of practice.
- Duty to Continue Education
- The NACHI member shall comply with NACHI's current Continuing Education Requirements.
- The NACHI member shall pass the NACHI's Inspector Exam once every year.
- Duty to the Profession and NACHI
- The NACHI member shall strive to improve the Home Inspection Industry by sharing his/her
lessons and/or experiences for the benefit of all. This does not preclude the
member from copyrighting or marketing his/her expertise to other Inspectors or
the public in any manner permitted by law.
The NACHI member shall not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed
damaging, seditious or destructive to NACHI, fellow NACHI members, InterNACHI employees,
leadership or directors. Member(s) accused of acting or deemed in violation of
such rules shall be reviewed by the Ethics committee for possible sanctions and/or
expulsion from NACHI.
Bear Creek Property Consultants,LLC|
8911 Fox Lake Dr. Knoxville TN, 37923
865-335-0104 7am-9pm, 7 days a week
Providing home inspections in Knoxville, Oak Ridge,
Maryville and much of east Tennessee
Member of the National Association
of Certified Home Inspectors
Member of the National Society
of Home Inspectors
Professional Home Inspection